We may update this policy from time to time and you should check this page to ensure you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st September 2014. It has been updated to meet the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation and the UK Data Protection Act 2018.
We operate an implied consent policy which assumes visitors are happy to accept cookies. If you don't want cookies on your device from your visit to our website, you can delete them after browsing or visit our website through your browser anonymous user settings to avoid cookies being placed on your device.
You can read more about what cookies are and how to enable or disable them at aboutcookies.org.uk.
Data Privacy And How We Use Your Data
We may collect the following information from our customers or potential customers enquiring about our services:
- Contact information including email address.
- Event details, which if you choose to provide it, may include demographic information such as delivery address.
- Bank account number and sort code details if you wish to provide those details for the purposes of receiving cake stand hire deposit refunds.
What we do with this information:
- We use the information you provide to respond to your enquiry and to contact you about or fulfil your enquiry or order.
- We retain the information you provide in our internal records (printed and electronic copies of order forms, invoices and receipts and electronic copies of emails).
- We may contact you to ask for feedback about the services we provide or in connection with the services we have provided to you.
We do not share your personal information with any other party and will not provide your personal information to any other party unless you expressly ask us to, or we are required by law to do so.
How long we keep your personal information for:
- We retain order information (which includes your name and contact details), invoices and receipts (which include your name) in line with HM Revenue and Customs requirements to retain records for at least five years from the 31 January tax deadline following the relevant financial year. Thereafter printed records are shredded and electronic records deleted from our computer system.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to Blossom Tree Cake Company, 74 Stonefall Avenue, Harrogate, HG2 7NP or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Copies will be provided within one month.
If you believe that any personal information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may withdraw your consent for your personal information to be held and you may request that we delete all personal information that we hold about you by writing to us or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In those instances, records that must be retained to meet HM Revenue and Customs requirements will have personal information redacted. All other personal information which you no longer consent to being held will be deleted and/or destroyed.